Today is a rather gloomy spring day in Los Angeles. Overcast days are always a good excuse to enjoy a nice hot bowl of pho. Instead of making a solo trip to a local Vietnamese restaurant, I figured why not comprise my own take on Pho that is gluten-free and deliciously vegan. Enjoy!
- 6 cups Low-Sodium GF Vegetable broth
- 9 cups Water
- 1 cup Shallots
- 10 Garlic Clove
- 3 Tbsp. Low Sodium Tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1Tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tsp. Coriander Seeds
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Star Anise
- 2-inches Fresh Ginger chopped
- 1 Carrot thinly sliced
- ½ Jalapeño stemmed and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro Stems chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Thai Basil Stems chopped
- 1 pack of Gluten Free rice noodles
- Mung Bean Sprouts
- Sliced Onion
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Lime Wedges
Add all broth contents into a large stockpot. Bring to a rapid boil then simmer covered for 1 hour.
Strain solid contents from the broth and them discard.
To build the Pho place rice noodles in a large bowl. Ladle very hot broth over noodles. Garnish with sprouts, jalapeños, mushrooms, herbs, and lime wedges.